Look your best at any age…
It’s only natural that as we age, fine lines, wrinkles, age spots and sagging skin start to appear. Whether aging skin is caused by your genetic make-up or factors such as environment, sun damage or lifestyle, there are many options available that provide younger, fresher looking skin for all ages. Aging skin treatments are performed by Dr. DeEtta Gray for patients from Bellevue, Redmond, Kirkland, Seattle and throughout the Northwest to help them look their best at any age.
Skin changes through the ages:
Ages 20 – 30: Although the skin is still smooth and supple, expression lines begin to appear on the forehead and around the eyes. Acne can develop even though absent in teenage years, and some scarring may occur from acne flare-ups.
Ages 30 – 40: “Crow’s feet” appear around the eyes, and forehead lines deepen. Frown lines (lines between the eyebrows), naso-labial folds (lines that run from the nose to the mouth), and lines at the corners of the mouth begin to appear. Brown spots, sun spots and other signs of sun damage begin to appear.
Ages 40 – 50: “Smokers” lines appear above the vermilion border (along the top of the lip) and “commas” at the corners of the mouth deepen and lengthen to the chin. The vermilion border itself loses definition. Expression lines deepen around the mouth, forehead, and brows. The neck and “jowls” begin to sag.
Ages 40 – 50: “Smokers” lines appear above the vermilion border (along the top of the lip) and “commas” at the corners of the mouth deepen and lengthen to the chin. The vermilion border itself loses definition. Expression lines deepen around the mouth, forehead, and brows. Eyelid skin becomes more crepey. Mid facial volume loss starts to occur. The neck and “jowls” begin to sag.
Which aging skin treatments do I need?
A variety of aging skin treatments are performed by Dr. Gray. To determine the appropriate treatment, Dr. Gray will first discuss your desired level of correction and then recommend the appropriate treatment.
Fine to moderate wrinkles, broken blood vessels, age spots, acne scars and mildly sagging skin respond well to many non-invasive procedures. For changes related to gravity and redistribution of facial fat, surgical procedures may be needed in addition to your ongoing non-invasive skin care treatments.
Wrinkle prevention treatments for aging skin
Botox is one of the most recognized wrinkle fighters. It actually prevents wrinkles from appearing by relaxing the underlying muscles so they don’t contract. Botox blocks impulses from the nerve to the tiny facial muscles that are related to expression lines. After treatment, the overlying skin remains smooth and unwrinkled while the untreated facial muscles contract in a normal fashion, allowing your normal facial expression to be unaffected.
Treatments for wrinkles, texture, and tightening in aging skin
Wrinkle Injections using soft tissue fillers can improve the appearance of facial wrinkles by injections under the skin that plump the skin and elevate wrinkles and giving you a more youthful appearance.
- with Ultherapy delivers safe ultrasound energy which initiates the body’s natural response to stimulate the growth of fresh, new collagen and strengthen weak collagen. Loose, sagging skin can be tightened and lifted.
- is a system that uses intense pulsed light to treat age spots and broken capillaries, and improves the quality of your skin tone.
- exfoliate, smooth and soften the skin while they gently promote removal the outer skin cell layer. Light chemical peels can renew your skin’s texture and improve its clarity.
- utilizes a narrow laser microbeam to remove columns of tissue deep in the layers of skin. The body then heals the channel and lays down new collagen production and a new epidermal cell layer. This ultimately improves the appearance of sun damage, scars, fine lines and wrinkles.
- induces the skin’s self-repair process and stimulation of new collagen. Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) adds a boost to the procedure with its high concentration of growth factors. The benefits are improvement of the quality and appearance of the skin, reduction of fine lines, sun damage, acne scars and hyperpigmentation.
What is recovery like for my aging skin treatments?
After Dr. Gray performs your aging skin treatment, you may experience some redness and/or swelling at the treatment site. Depending on the procedure you receive, you can apply makeup and resume normal activities immediately or shortly after healing is complete.
Maintaining your results after your aging skin treatments
For optimum results, it’s important to follow up your skin care rejuvenation treatments with the appropriate home skin care regimen. Your regimen may include the best prescriptive and nonprescriptive products to help you reach your goal. Our staff is trained to help you select the correct skin care products based on your skin type, your desired level of improvement, your tolerance to ingredients and your lifestyle.