Which Hand Rejuvenation Treatment Is For Me?
Date Published: September 28th, 2021
Exposure to the elements makes the hands one of the first parts of the body to show aging signs. Factors like sunlight, cold, and dry air can quicken the process of developing:
• Dark spots
• Wrinkles and fine lines
• Visible, ropey veins
• Precancerous growths
• Volume loss
Dr. DeEtta Gray, a top Bellevue dermatologist with over 20 years of experience in medical-grade skincare, performs skin rejuvenation using the latest treatments and technology to give your hands a more youthful look. Dr. Gray serves patients from Bellevue, Kirkland, Redmond, Seattle, and the entire Northwest. Here’s what to know about hand rejuvenation and how it can help.
Which Hand Rejuvenation Treatment is Best for Me?
There are a variety of treatment options for the hands, and Dr. Gray will discuss your best options during your private consultation. The best option for you can depend on factors like your expectations, preferences, and needs for treatment.
Then, Dr. Gray can create a customized treatment plan using some of the latest treatment options. These might include:
• Chemical peels or laser treatments to improve skin texture, dark spots, and age spots.
• Injectable fillers to improve the loss of volume.
• Tissue tightening to improve sagging skin, fine lines, and wrinkles.
Hand Rejuvenation Procedures
Hand rejuvenation is most often performed on an outpatient basis and might require only a local anesthetic. Dr. Gray can offer a variety of options at Pinnacle Dermatology:
• Prescription-strength skin care such as Retin-A and other retinoid products can significantly control the aging process. Topical applications can help repair sun-damaged skin, improve transparency, and cause spots to fade. They also stimulate collagen production over time.
• Chemical peels are available in various strengths and can help exfoliate the outer skin layers. The healthy skin that is revealed beneath is smooth and youthful. It can also reduce the appearance of pigmentation, texture, and dryness, as well as stimulating collagen production.
• Fractional skin resurfacing treats fine lines and spots by delivering microbeams of light to jumpstart your skin’s natural rejuvenation functions. It works similarly to microneedling and boosts collagen production for youthful volume.
• IPL treatments treat spots, fine lines, and spider veins using intense pulsed light. IPL treatments create clearer, softer, and smoother skin with little (if any) discomfort.
• Tissue tightening initiates a natural response within the body using safe, focused ultrasound energy. The natural response strengthens the weak collagen fibers and stimulates the growth of fresh, new collagen. It can also tighten loose and sagging skin while softening lines and wrinkles.
Hand Rejuvenation Recovery
The side effects of hand rejuvenation are minimal, and there’s very little downtime. You can expect to return to your regular schedule within a day or so. After any procedure, it’s highly recommended to use sunscreen on the hands to prevent further damage. This helps ensure your results are long-lasting and effective.
Schedule a Consultation
Hand rejuvenation can be a quick and easy way to get rid of aging signs that make you look older than you feel. To meet with Dr. Gray, contact our Bellevue office by calling or filling out our online form.