Does Ultherapy Help With Skin Tightening?
Date Published: June 7th, 2023
As we age, our skin undergoes various changes, including the loss of collagen and elastin fibers. This leads to loss of skin elasticity and sagging or drooping of skin on the brows, lower face and neck.
If you are looking for a non-invasive treatment option for lifting and tightening your neck, jawline or brows or improving fine lines and wrinkles on the chest, Ultherapy is the right choice.
What is Ultherapy?
Ultherapy is a non-invasive cosmetic procedure that uses ultrasound energy to stimulate collagen production in the deeper layers of the skin. It lifts and tightens the skin on the chin, neck, and brow. In one study, researchers found that Ultherapy treatment increased the rate of collagen production in skin samples by an average of 50%
The treatment involves using a handheld device that delivers focused ultrasound energy to the targeted areas without causing any damage to the surrounding tissues. The energy, stimulates new collagen fibers, gradually lifting, tightening and improving treated areas and younger-looking skin. Best results appear over 2-3 months. As skin continues to age, future treatments may be needed to continue to stimulate new collagen production.
Can Ultherapy Treat Sun Spots? DELETE!
While the primary use for Ultherapy is skin tightening and lifting, it may also reduce the appearance of sun spots. The ultrasound energy used can break up the pigment that causes the sun spots. The pigment is then absorbed by the body’s natural processes.
However, it’s important to note that Ultherapy is not specifically designed to treat sun spots. It may not work for everyone. If you have severe sun damage or multiple sun spots, your dermatologist may recommend other treatment options, such as chemical peels, laser therapy, or cryotherapy.
What Are the Benefits of Ultherapy?
Ultherapy has a variety of benefits including:
- Non-invasive: Ultherapy is a non-surgical and non-invasive procedure, which means there is no downtime or recovery period. You can resume your daily activities immediately after treatment.
- No anesthesia: Unlike surgical procedures, Ultherapy does not require anesthesia or sedation, which reduces the risk of complications.
- Natural results: Ultherapy harnesses the technology of ultrasound to stimulate your own collagen production resulting in natural-looking results.
- Long-lasting: The results of Ultherapy can last for up to two years. How long they last for you depends on your skin type and the severity of your sun damage.
What to Expect During Ultherapy?
- During the treatment, your dermatologist will apply a gel to the targeted area and use the Ultherapy device to deliver ultrasound energy. You will feel tiny prickles as the energy is being delivered but the sensation only lasts during the procedure.
Depending on the area being treated, treatment takes anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes,
After treatment, you may experience some redness or swelling, but it should subside within a few hours.
Schedule A Consultation
If you’re looking to learn more about Ultherapy, our experienced staff at Pinnacle Dermatology & Skin Rejuvenation can walk you through the treatment and answer any questions and concerns you may have.
Schedule a consultation today by calling our Bellevue, WA office or by using our online scheduling form. We look forward to helping you achieve your goals.